The HP AMP 129 is a peculiar printer with a built-in Bluetooth speaker and that means you can play some music while you’re using your printer or pick up important phone calls. Moreover, the printer also has an option to charge your phone through the USB port that it has. The printer is very compact and can fit into most small spaces. It also has a decent printer specification for the given price. Moreover, it greatly reduces the money that you’ll spend on ink with its Instant Ink subscription plan. You can download the printer firmware for free from 123.hp.com/amp129 or 123.hp.com/setup 129 to setup mobile-printing services. Given below are the specs for the HP AMP 129 Printer.
- Print Speed (B/W): 7.8 ppm
- Print Speed (colour): 5.5 ppm
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Ethernet (not available)
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart App, Mopria.
- Paper Input Tray: 60 sheets
- Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets.
- Duty cyle: 1290 pages/month
- Two-sided printing: Manual
123.hp.com/amp129 Printer Setup
HP Amp 129 Printer Unboxing
To unbox your HP AMP 129 and remove the packaging materials, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the cardboard box. Now, you’ll find some setup posters.
- Keep them aside and remove the cardboard piece. It also contains pockets on the sides.
- You’ll find the ink cartridges and power cord in the pockets on the sides.
- Now, remove the cartridges and the power cord and keep them aside.
- Next, Tilt the cardboard box and lay it on some hard surface.
- Now, gently drag the HP AMP 129 printer out of the box using the strap of plastic attached to the front.
- Then, remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides.
- Make a small tear on the plastic film such that it causes no harm to the printer.
- Then, peel away the transparent film.
In a few more steps, you can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp129 or 123.hp.com/setup 129 .
HP Amp 129 Installing Ink cartridges
Before you start installing the ink cartridges, the printer should be switched on.
- First, take the power cord that you kept aside earlier and insert one end of the power cord into the power slot located on the rear of the printer.
- Then, plug in the other end of the power cord directly into a wall outlet.
- Now, press the power button on your printer to switch it on.
- Wait for a few moments before you open the ink cartridge access area.
- Then, let the ink cartridge slots reach the center before you start inserting the ink cartridges into the slot.
- Next, remove the cartridge from the wrapper and peel away the orange pull tab on the copper colored contacts.
- Without touching the copper-colored contacts, insert the cartridge into the empty slot according to colour.
- Similarly, insert the other ink cartridge into the empty slot.
This is the first step in setting up your printer after downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp129 .
123 HP AMP 129 Load Unused Paper
To load plain Paper into the Paper tray, follow the steps that are given below.
- Raise the Paper Tray located at the back of the printer.
- Then, slide out the Paper Tray extender.
- Next, align a stack of papers onto a hard surface and slide the stack into the tray.
- Finally, adjust the paper width guides such that they hold the papers in place.
You can now download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp129 .
123.hp.com/amp129 Software Driver Installation
Learn how to connect your printer wirelessly and install software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp129
- First, press the wireless button on your HP AMP 129. The wireless light on the printer should stop blinking now. Once the light stops blinking, the printer will print out an alignment page.
- Next, complete the Wireless Setup by following the instructions on the page.
- Then, open a browser on your system and go to 123.hp.com/amp129 .
- Now, press the Download button on the webpage and wait for the driver download to complete.
- You’ll see a few instructions on the screen. Follow these instructions to proceed with the installation.
- Then, the printer will ask how you’d like to connect the printer to your system.
- Choose wireless and insert the USB cable into the respective slot when prompted.
- Next, allow printer access to your computer and by choosing the Wireless option.
- Then, enter your Wi-Fi password and wait for the wireless to stop blinking.
- Finally, disconnect the USB cable and follow the instructions to complete the installation.
123 HP AMP 129 ePrint service
Use the ePrint service to print your documents remotely. As long as you’ve a strong internet connection you can mail your documents to the printer’s e-mail address from anywhere with an active internet connection. The only software drivers you need are the ones you’ve to download from 123.hp.com/amp129 or 123.hp.com/setup 129 . Follow the steps below to setup the ePrint service.
- First, you must setup the Web services. To do that, press and hold down the power button for about 3 seconds.
- Then, press the wireless button and the printer information button at the same time.
- Now, the printer prints out an information sheet.
- Look for the printer’s IP address on the information sheet and type it in your browser address bar.
- The Printer Configuration page opens. Click Web Services, Setup and Continue.
- Accept the terms and conditions and wait for the printer to print out an information page.
123 HP Amp 129 Printer Reset
Follow the steps given below to reset your HP AMP 129 printer
- First, switch on your HP AMP all-in-one Bluetooth printer.
- Then, wait until the printer is quiet and idle before you continue with the process.
- While the printer is turned on, remove the printer power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait for 10 seconds before you reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
123 HP Amp 129 Attending Calls
- If you want to take calls, press the phone button on your printer.
- In case you want to reject a call simply Long press the phone button.
- You can press the phone button again to end the call once you’re done talking.
- In case you want to switch the call back to your phone, simply press and hold down the phone button.
123 HP Amp 129 Bluetooth Setup
You’ll learn how to connect your Bluetooth device to your HP AMP 129 all-in-one Bluetooth printer.
- First, press the Bluetooth button on the control panel of your HP AMP 129 printer.
- The printer now emits some noises to indicate that devices in its vicinity can discover it.
- Next, turn on the Bluetooth on your device.
- If you want to connect another device, turn off the Bluetooth on your first device.
- Then, connect the second Bluetooth device to your printer by following the steps above.
- Next, switch on the Bluetooth in the first device and connect it to your device.
To use this feature, you must download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp129 .
123.hp.com/setup 129 How to Scan
- First, download the HP Scan app from Google Playstore on your android device.
- Then, select Scan and Camera.
- Click the button on the bottom to take a picture of your document.
- When you’ve adjusted the boundaries of your document, you can tap the Apply icon to make changes to the document.
- If you want to add more documents, then tap the Add icon.
- In case you want to change the brightness, contrast, etc. of your document, you can use the Edit option.
- Save the scanned file in the format that you’d like.