The Deskjet 1050 is a compact multi-functional printer best suited for homes. It has a curved front panel with a slight angle and matte finish. You can control all of the printer’s functionalities using the monochrome LCD touch panel. The only visible button on the printer is the power button. The Deskjet also offers Wireless Printing capabilities that help you print documents even when you’re miles away from your printer. You can access these wireless capabilities only if you’ve downloaded the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050 or 123.hp.com/dj1050.
Given below are some specifications for the Deskjet 1050.
- Print speed (monochrome): 9.5 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 6.8 ppm
- Duty cycle: 1050 pages per month
- Printer Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi.
- Paper Input Tray capacity: 100 sheets
- Paper Output Tray capacity: 25 sheets
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria and Wireless Direct.
123.hp.com/dj1050 Printer Setup
HP Deskjet 1050 Printer Unboxing
- First, remove the transparent covering on the printer box and remove the tape covering the flaps of the printer.
- Then, fold the flaps to the sides so that the printer and other items can be removed easily.
- Now, take out the installation CD, power cord, USB cord, setup poster and setup guide. In case you’ve misplaced the installation CD, you can download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050.
- Then, lay the box on a flat surface and gently slide the printer out of the box using the transparent cover.
- Then, remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides and the transparent covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away all the blue tapes on the visible surface of the printer.
- Now, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet.
- Open the ink cartridge access area which is beneath the scanner glass area and remove the packaging materials.
- Finally, slide out the Paper Input Tray and remove the tape stuck to the surface.
HP Deskjet 1050 Printer Initialization
- First, to switch on the printer, connect one end of the power cord into the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Then, press the power button on the control panel to turn on the printer.
- Once the printer is turned on, wait for it to quiet down before moving on to the next step.
- Next, the printer will ask you to select the location.
- Now, scroll through the list of countries provided and tap on the correct country/region and confirm your selection in the next page.
- Similarly, select the language and confirm the selection.
This completes the Initial printer setup for HP Deskjet 1050. Once you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper, you can install software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050 or 123.hp.com/dj1050.
HP Deskjet 1050 Printer Ink cartridge Installation
To install ink cartridges, follow the steps given below.
- First, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts placed on the sides of the printer.
- Then, remove the wrapper from the cartridges and peel away the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts. Don’t touch the ink nozzles or the copper coloured contacts as this may result in ink clogs.
- Also, open the cartridge lock lever lid and place the cartridge into the slot such that it snaps into place.
- Now, close the cartridge lock lever lid and insert the other cartridge in the same way.
Keep reading to learn how to align your printer.
123 HP Deskjet 1050 Printer Alignment
Alignment shows the printer where to spray ink for the best print quality. Follow the steps given below to align the printer.
- Open the Paper Input Tray and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Insert a bunch of unused papers into the Paper Tray after aligning them on a hard surface.
- Slide the Paper Tray inside and wait for the printer to detect the stack of papers.
- Once the printer detects the stack of sheets, wait for a few minutes before the printer prints out an alignment sheet.
- Once your Deskjet 100 prints the alignment sheet, place it on the scanner glass area using the markings on the sides as a guide.
- Touch Scan to scan the alignment sheet.
Once the alignment sheet is scanned, you can discard or recycle it.Next, learn how to connect your printer to the internet and download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050.
123 HP Deskjet 1050 Wireless setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps connect your printer to the same wireless network as your printer so that you can download and install the printer drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050.
- Check if your system, printer and router are switched on and active.
- Gather the Network Name (SSID) and password.
- Disconnect any USB cable connected to the printer.
- On the control panel of the printer, touch the Wireless icon.
- From the Wireless screen, touch the Settings icon.
- Then, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer detects all the available networks in the area. Select the name of the network and enter the password using the keyboard on the screen.
Passwords are case-sensitive. So, input the correct case letters. Keep reading to find out how to download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050 or 123.hp.com/dj1050.
123.hp.com/dj1050 Driver download and Installation
- First, switch on your system, open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 1050.
- Then, click the download button and once the download is complete, open the HP Easy Start Utility.
- Once the HP Easy Start Utility is opened, follow the instructions on the screen to install the software.
- If windows User control asks permission to make changes, click Yes so that the software makes the necessary changes.
- Now, you can also choose between full software drivers and basic software drivers depending on how much of your printer functionality you would like to access.
- Finally, agree to the terms and conditions as and when required.
This completes the setup and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1050.
123.hp.com/setup 1050 – ePrint service
Send print jobs to your printer from any location with an active internet connection. It doesn’t matter if you’re miles away; your printer is still close with ePrint. To print using ePrint you should’ve downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050 or 123.hp.com/dj1050.
You just have to sign up for an account at HP Connected to view your print jobs and printer status.
Follow the steps given below to setup the ePrint service:
- On the control panel of your printer, touch HP Printables.
- Then tap Web services and agree to the terms and conditions to enable Web Services.
- In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to let your printer automatically check for updates and install them.
- Once the printer is connected to the server, it’ll print out an information page.
- Touch the ePrint icon on the home screen of the control panel and in the ePrint menu, touch Web Services settings.
- In the Web Services settings menu, touch Display e-mail address to view the e-mail address of your printer.
- Open the e-mail application from your PC or mobile device.
- Attach the document that is to be printed and send it to your printer’s e-mail address with a subject in the subject line. Also, make sure that your document is not greater than 10 MB.
- The printer now prints the attached document.
123 HP Deskjet 1050 Wireless Direct
Using the Wireless Direct service, you can also print documents even without connecting your printer to the internet. Note that you should have already downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1050 or 123.hp.com/dj1050.
- From the printer’s control panel, turn on HP Wireless Direct.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi on your device or system and click on the name of your printer from the list of available networks. The name of your printer starts with DIRECT.
- If you’ve enabled Wireless Direct with security, you’ll be prompted to enter a password from your device.
- Now, open the document that you want to print from your device and click or tap Print. Since you’ll not be able to stay connected to the internet, you can open e-mails or web pages that you wish to print beforehand.