The HP OfficeJet 7612 is a printer aimed at the small office and home users category. It’s a multi-functional printer that can perform the functions of printing, scanning and copying with ease. It provides a fairly good output print quality at a reasonable price range with the printing costs as low as 3.3 cents per page for a colour page. You can download the HP Easy Start Utility software from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 or 123.hp.com/oj7612. Some of the features of the OfficeJet 7612 are
- Print speeds (B/W): 16 ppm
- Print speeds (colour): 9 ppm
- Input Paper Tray Capacity: 7612 sheets
- Output Paper Tray Capacity: 75 sheets
- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) capacity: 35 sheets
- Connectivity: USB, Wireless, Ethernet
123.hp.com/oj7612 Printer Setup
HP Officejet 7612 Printer Unboxing
- First, open the printer box and remove the installation guides, power cords and installation CD. You can also download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 or 123.hp.com/oj7612 .
- Also, remove the Paper Input Tray from the printer and lay the printer on the table.
- Next, remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer and slide it out of the Paper Input Tray very carefully without damaging the printer.
- Now, remove the Paper Output Tray on the top right side of the printer and begin peeling away the tapes and the transparent film on the printer surface.
- Next, remove the sticker covering the display panel of the printer.
- Then, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet. Similarly, open the front panel beside the control panel and remove the packaging material.
- Next, turn to the back of the printer. There’ll be a duplexer located at the bottom of the printer. Now, press both of its sides and remove it.
- Then, remove the piece of cardboard stuck to it and put the duplexer back into place.
HP Officejet 7612 Attaching the Paper Trays
- First, remove the transparent covering on the Paper Input Tray.
- Attach it to the lower portion of the printer that has the paper-width guides. In case you’ve not attached the tray properly, you can always use the tab on the extreme right side of the paper width guides to remove and re-insert the tray.
- Now, take the Paper Output tray and remove the transparent covering and other packaging materials, if any.
- To attach it to the printer, simply insert the side of the tray that has two tabs on the reciprocating slot above the Paper Input Tray until it pops into place.
Now you can switch on your printer. It’s only a few more steps before you download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612. Keep reading to continue setting up your printer.
HP OfficeJet 7612 Printer Initialization
- Before the printer is initialized, you must switch it on. Remove the twist tie on the power cord and power module of the printer so that you can make the required connections.
- Now, connect one end of the power cord into the power module.
- Next, connect the free end of the power module into the rear of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Then, press the power button on the control panel to switch on the printer. You can tilt the 2.7-in control panel and use the the tab on the lower backside of the display to adjust the display angle to suit your needs.
- Once the printer is powered on, it begins initializing and asks you to select your language.
- Tap Yes in the next screen to confirm the selection.
- Next, scroll through the list of countries and select the country/regions in which your printer is located. Then, tap Yes to confirm your choice.
- The next screen asks if you’d like a demo or continue with the printer setup. Click Continue to continue with the process.
Once the printer has initialized for setup, it’ll ask you to install the ink cartridges. Once you’ve done that and loaded the printer with paper, you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 .
HP OfficeJet 7612 Ink cartridge Installation
- First, to install the cartridges, open the front cover of the printer and wait for the ink carriages to reach the center.
- Then, remove the plastic that binds the four cartridges together. Use only the setup cartridges that came along with the printer and not store brought cartridges as they won’t work with the initial setup.
- Next, keep aside the little booklet that comes with the cartridge.
- Now, slide each cartridge into the slot according to the colour and numbers on it.
- Then, close the front panel access area.
After you’ve loaded paper into the Paper Input Tray, you can also download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 .
123 HP Officejet 7612 Loading Unused Paper
- Lift up the Paper Output Tray and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Align a stack of papers on a hard surface.
- Insert the stack of papers into the printer and adjust the paper width guides.
- To insert paper of a larger size, all that you have to do is slide up and lower the front portion of the Paper Input Tray.
- Next, the printer begins to align and calibrate before it prints out an alignment page.
Now, a printer alignment successful message is displayed on the screen.
You can connect your printer to the network and also download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 or 123.hp.com/oj7612 .
123 HP OfficeJet 7612 Wireless Setup and Software Installation
- Once the alignment successful message is displayed, the printer asks how you’d like to connect your printer.
- Then, choose Wireless from the options given and tap Continue.
- The Wireless Setup Wizard displays a list of networks within the area. Select the name of the network that you’d like to connect to and press Continue.
- You can either enter the password to continue or use the WPS option to connect to your wireless network. You can learn how to use WPS to connect your printer to the network in the next section.
- Once you’re connected to the wireless network, switch on your system and make sure that it is connected to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Now, open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 7612 .
- Then, enter your printer model number into the search bar.
- Next, click the Download button and wait for the required software download to be completed.
- Once the download is finished, simply click on the software in the Downloads bar and click on it to open it.
- HP Easy Start Utility opens and installs the required software.
- Then, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the software drivers. Agree to the terms and conditions as required and enter the required inputs.
This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 . You can also download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj7612 .
123 HP OfficeJet 7612 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
Push button method
- In the Wireless setup Wizard, touch the WPS option and choose Push button method.
- Then, long press the WPS button on your router for about 3 seconds and wait for the printer to connect to the network.
- If the printer is connected to the network successfully, the Wireless light will stop blinking and stay lit.
Another way of using the WPS method to connect to the network is the Pin method.
- When you select WPS as the preferred choice to connect to the network, the printer will ask you to choose between the push button and the pin method.
- The printer control panel is displays the PIN.
- Open the Configuration software or utility for your router and enter the WPS pin.
If the printer is connected to the network successfully, the Wireless light will stop blinking and stay lit.
123.hp.com/oj7612 ePrint service
With HP’s ePrint service it’s almost as if you’re carrying your printer along with you. All you have to do to send print jobs to your printer is to mail the document to your printer’s e-mail address. Then, follow the steps given below to set up Web services and ePrint for your printer.
- First, make sure that the printer is connected to the internet. Once the printer is connected to the internet, go to the printer control panel and touch Apps or HP ePrint.
- Then, accept the terms and conditions by touching Accept.
- Next, allow the printer to automatically check for and install updates.
- Once this process is complete, the printer automatically prints out a Web Services information sheet.
The Web Service information sheet will contain the e-mail address of your printer. It will also contain instructions to finish setting up the printer with ePrint. It also tells you how to change the e-mail address of your printer using HP Auto Connect. The ePrint service doesn’t require any additional drivers except the ones installed from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 or 123.hp.com/oj7612 .
123 HP OfficeJet 7612 Printer Alignment failure problem
- If the printer fails to align properly, check if you’ve loaded only white paper into the tray.
- In case you’ve loaded coloured paper into the tray, repeat the procedure with plain, white paper.
- If the problem persists, try cleaning the printhead or contact technical support for help on the issue.
123 HP OfficeJet 7612 Printer Not Responding
- Check if the printer has any print jobs stuck in print queue.
- Check if you’ve correctly downloaded and installed the software from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 or 123.hp.com/oj7612.
- If you’ve connected your printer using a USB or Ethernet cable, check if both ends of the cable are connected perfectly.
123 HP OfficeJet 7612 Paper Jam Issue
To clear the Paper Jam issue and the error message on the printer, follow the steps given below.
- Plug out the power cord and check if there is jammed paper in the following areas.
- Input Tray.
- Output Tray.
- Automatic Document Feeder.
- Ink Cartridge access area.
- Rear of the printer.
- If you find any paper stuck in any of the above areas remove it gently.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and make sure that the ink carriages can move freely.
- Next, clean the rollers of the paper feed using a slightly damp tint-free cloth. Use only drinking water or distilled water to clean the rollers.
- Now, reset the printer. First, plug out the power cord while the printer is still on and plug the power card back in after 60 seconds.
- Finally, check if you’ve downloaded and properly installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 7612 .