HP also offers great savings for your printer ink and sheets. The OfficeJet Pro 8100 also has the ePrint Web service. To setup this service and the printer in general, you must’ve already downloaded the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8100 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8100
The HP OfficeJet Pro is a very versatile and resourceful printer most suited for high-volume printing in small offices. Although not portable, the OfficeJet Pro 8100 is a bit more compact compared to its 8100 Premium and 8100 Plus counterparts. The matte finish on the front makes it less prone to fingerprints and dust. The printer is equipped with a 250 sheet input tray and 50 sheet Automatic Document Feeder.
Some of the features of the OfficeJet Pro are
Dimensions: 14.6 x 19.4×18.1 (in)
Weight: 14.3 kg
Paper Capacity: 250 sheets (plain paper), 100 sheets (photo paper)
Print speed: 35 ppm (monochrome), 34 ppm (draft)
123.hp.com/ojpro8100 – Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Unboxing
- Open the box and fold the flaps to the sides of the printer so that it is easy to remove items from the box.
- Remove the guides, installation and the IRIS software CDs from the box. The installation CD can also be used to install the software instead of downloading it from 123.hp.com/setup 8100. The IRIS software CD helps convert scanned documents to text.
- The box also has HP brochure paper that can be used to print flyers and brochures.
- Next, take out the power cord and fax cable and keep them aside. Although the printer can be connected using USB, HP doesn’t provide a USB cable along with the printer.
- Take out the setup cartridges and replacement cartridges that came along with the printer and keep them aside. These cartridges are designed to initialize your printer.
- The cardboard box below has the duplexer that’ll help you print documents on both sides automatically. Remove the cardboard box, remove the blue tapes and remove the plastic film on the duplexer.
- Remove the Styrofoam boxes tucked away on the sides of the box and remove the second paper tray kept on the side of the box.
- Once you’ve removed the tray from outside the box, the protective covering around the tray can be removed.
- The second tray can be set aside.
- Now, tilt the box and lay it on its side. Using the plastic covering, drag the printer out of the box.
- Now, remove the plastic covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away the blue tapes on the printer surface.
- All reflective and glossy surfaces have a protective film. You can peel that away as well.
- Open the ink access door beside the control panel and remove the packaging material there.
- To install the duplexer, simply slide it into the backside of the printer until it snaps into place.
This completes the unboxing of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Second Tray Installation
To install the second tray, follow the steps given below.
- Remove the protective film on the tray and peel away the blue tapes on it.
- Open the second tray and peel away the blue tapes.
- Remove the Styrofoam and the cardboard.
- Close the second tray.
- Lift the printer and place it on the second Paper Tray such that it fits perfectly on the pins and holes of the Second tray.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Basic Initialization process
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 has to be initialized once it’s switched on before the software drivers can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 8100
- To switch on the printer, connect one end of the power cord into the wall outlet and the other end into the rear of the printer.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Once the printer is switched on, it’ll ask you to select your language. Scroll through the list of languages and select your preferred language. Tap Yes to confirm the selection and move to the next part of the initialization.
- Similarly, select the country in which the printer is located and tap Yes to continue with the process.
- Next, HP will ask if you’d like to view a demo or continue with the initialization process.
- Click Continue to continue with the initialization process.
- Now, the printer asks you to install the duplexer. Since that was already done in the previous section, tap Continue.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Ink cartridge installation
To install ink cartridges, follow the steps given below.
- Open the ink cartridge access area beside the control panel.
- Take the bundle of ink cartridges that were kept aside earlier and remove the plastic keeping the cartridges together. Use the setup cartridges and not the replacement cartridges for the process.
- Without touching the copper coloured contacts, slide the cartridges into the slot until they snap into place.
Once the cartridges have been installed, the printer will ask you to load unused Paper into the Paper Tray. Installing the ink cartridges is the first part of the installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8100 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8100
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Loading unused paper
- To load unused paper, open the main paper tray and adjust the paper width guides.
- Align sheets of paper on a hard surface and insert the stack of papers into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper guide on the bottom and the paper width guides.
- Slide the paper tray back into the printer.
The printer detects that the sheets were installed and prints out an alignment page for the best print quality.
123.hp.com/setup 8100 – Wireless Setup Wizard
To setup your printer wirelessly, follow the steps below. The Wireless Setup Wizard helps connect your printer to the network so that you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8100
- Gather the network name (SSID) and password of your router.
- Make sure that your router and system are switched on.
- If there are any USB or Ethernet cables connected to your printer, disconnect them.
- Tap the Wireless icon and then Wireless menu icon.
- In the Wireless menu, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer begins searching for wireless networks in the vicinity.
- Once you’ve found the name of your network, tap on it to enter the password.
Passwords are case-sensitive so make sure that you enter the correct case letters. Now, you can install the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8100 or use the installation CD that came along with the printer.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Software download and Installation
- Open a browser on your system and go to 123.hp.com/setup 8100
- Enter the model number of your printer into the search box i.e HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 and hit search. To find the exact model number of your device, look on the right side of the device.
- Click download to get the software drivers for your printer.
- Once the download is complete, click on the software in the Downloads tab and wait for it to open.
- Once the file is open, it’ll display a list of software that is going to be installed. You can customize the software installation by clicking the customize software selection tab.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 ePrint Service
ePrint service keeps your printer close to you by letting you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere with an active internet connection. Follow the steps given below to send print jobs using the ePrint service.
- On your printer’s touch screen display, tap the ePrint icon.
- Touch the Setup icon. The instructions on the screen will help you setup the Web Services.
- Once the Web Services are enabled, tap Print or Print info.
- The e-mail address of the printer is displayed on the control panel. A printer information sheet is also printed which has the printer’s e-mail address. If the information page isn’t printed, try printing the sheet after a few hours.
- To print from a device, simply mail the document to the e-mail address given in the printer information sheet with a subject in the subject line. Make sure that you leave the Cc and Bcc fields empty.
- To print from a tablet or device, open the document and press the share icon or the action icon.
- Select the e-mail app, type your printer’s e-mail address along with a subject in the subject line and press send.
The ePrint service doesn’t require the installation of any software other than the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 8100 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8100
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 AirPrint
Before getting started with AirPrint, make sure that your printer and router are connected to the same network.
- Open the document that must be printed and press the Share icon.
- Tap or click the Print or Print icon.
- From the options menu of the printer, tap Select Printer and then select the name of the printer from the list.
- Select the settings to change, set the number of copies and then tap Print.
Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 8100 or 123.hp.com/ojpro8100