123 HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline- Trouble Shooting Instruction
To rectify HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline issue, follow these instructions and resolve the printer connection. In some cases, your printer status may be offline or the offline message will get displayed on the printer device.
123 HP Envy 5640 Print and Scan Doctor
You can also get a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor if you are using Windows 10 or 8 to resolve HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline issue. Then, Download HP Print and Scan Doctor from the HP official website. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor .exe file. Now, Open HP Print and Scan Doctor and select your printer device. If your printer device is not in the list, try to restart your printer device and choose retry. Then, Select Fix Printing and if the problem still persist, continue with the next step.
HP Envy 5640 Reset the Printing Environment
- First, Reset your Printing Environment, which may restore the printer connection to the device.
- Turn off your printer and wait for about 10 seconds and unplug the power cord from the printer.
- Now switch off the computer that you are using for 10 seconds.
- Then, Plug the power cord back to the printer and turn on your printer device.
- If you are using a wireless connection, restart the router and disconnect the power cord from the router.
- Let it rest for 5 seconds and reconnect the power cord to the router, wait until the network activity light gets active.
- Simultaneously, Press the wireless button or wireless control panel icon to make the wireless connection active.
- Then, Wait until your printer gets connected to the router and turn on your computer. Reconnect the power cord to the rear end of the printer and try to print.
- If the HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline, continue with the next step.
HP Envy 5640 Default Printer Setup
Default printer Driver might have changed after installing another driver, if the driver shares same name. Now, try to change the default print driver to your originally installed driver and check with the printer status. Then, Search for devices in windows, select Devices and Printers from the result. Look for Grayed out printer and set it as a Default Printer. Now try to do Printing process, if there HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline issue, try other options
Disable Firewall Software
Firewall software usually block threat from the outside but it sometimes block the network communication of the printer. You can disable the firewall software shortly by the HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve HP Envy 5640 Printer Not found issue. Choose Network from the HP Print and Scan Doctor Window and select Troubleshooting firewalls and disable the status. If the installation gets successful then get support for the firewall software that allow security level, trusted zone and open port to allow HP Software and website communication.
Uninstall HP Driver and Software
Sometimes the software installation process might be incomplete or incorrect. If you have a USB connection between your printer and computer, then disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Search for Programs and Features in Windows and select Programs and Features from the result. Choose your HP Printer from the list of installed programs and select Uninstall to rectify HP Envy 5640 Printer Not found. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software and Restart your computer device.
Connect your printer to proper wireless direct Communication
- When connecting your printer to the wireless network, make sure it share the same wireless network as your computer.
- Do not connect your printer to the guest or host networks, it involves many security process which may prevent the computer connection.
- Now, Turn on your printer device and make sure it is ready state. Select the Wireless icon and choose printer with DIRECT. Enter your password if prompted to login.
- Then, Select your photo or document that you want to print and choose print from the file menu. Choose your printer from a list of the available printers and select print.
- Once a print job is completed, reconnect it to the WiFi network and check whether HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline.
HP Envy 5640 Update the Printer Firmware
- HP release regular printer updates: Updating this printer firmware may resolve the HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline issue. To Update printer directly, search for the printer update feature and menus and icon may vary.
- Printers with ePrint Button or icon : Touch HP ePrint icon and select settings or setup, select product update or check product update.
- Text-Based Printer : Choose Setup or Service from the settings menu. Choose Preferences, Printer maintenance and select Web services, Printer update.
- During the sign up process, accept terms of service and stick on to the on-screen instructions. Enable the web services and setup for automatic updates. If your printer does not automatically start the update process, Choose Check for Updates to start the update process.
HP Envy 5640 Re-install the Printer Software
- First, Re-install the printing software to solve the errors that may have occurred during the installation process. To, determine solution for HP Envy 5640 Printer is Offline issue Unplug the USB cable.
- Then, Search for Programs and Features in the windows, Select Programs and Features find your HP software from the list of results and uninstall it.
- Now, Restart your computer device, re-install the HP Printer software, you can get the software from the installation disc that came with your printer device or you can also download it from the HP official website.