The HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. It’s compactness and functionality packed in a nutshell. Low print costs, high print speeds, crisp output quality and a highly responsive touch screen make it the best choice for small offices. The HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 also supports AirPrint and other mobile-printing and wireless services. Download software drivers for this printer from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966 . Given below are the specifications for the OfficeJet Pro 6966.
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Ethernet,
- Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria, HP Print Service Plug-in, HP Smart App.
- Instant Ink: Yes
- Print speed (B/W): 20 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 11 ppm
- Paper Input Tray (A4 sheets): 225 sheets
- Automatic Document Feeder: 35 sheets
- Paper Output Tray (A4 sheets): 60 sheets
- Keep reading to find out how to setup your HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 printer.
123.hp.com/ojpro6966 – HP Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Unboxing
- First, remove the installation CD, guides, power cords and fax cords from the printer box.
- The installation CD contains the software driver for Mac OS X and Windows. You can also download the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966
- Then, tilt the cardboard box and lay it carefully on the printer surface. Now, drag the printer out of the printer box.
- Now, remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer and slide it out of the transparent cover on the printer.
- Next, peel off the blue tapes and transparent films on the surface of the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the sides and check for packaging materials there.
- Once you’ve removed the packaging materials from the ink cartridge access area, close the ink cartridge lid.
- Then, open the scanner glass lid. Remove the Styrofoam sheet and close the lid back again.
- Finally, open the Paper Tray in the front and remove the tapes.
- Slide the paper width guides away from each other and close the tray.
This is how you unbox your HP OfficeJet 6966 printer. Next step is to switch on and perform a basic initialization for your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Printer Initialization
This part consists of two steps:
- Switching on your printer.
- Printer Initialization.
Follow the steps below to switch on and initialize your printer
- Take the power cord that you kept aside earlier.
- Then, connect one end into the rear of the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Finally, press the power button to switch on the printer.
- Next, scroll through the list and select the required language.
- Then, tap Confirm to confirm the language choice.
- Similarly, select the region in which your printer is located.
- Again, touch Confirm to confirm your printer location.
Next,your HP OfficeJet 6966 all-in-one printer asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing the setup process. Click Continue to install the ink cartridges. You can install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Ink cartridge installation
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Printer Alignment
You can play the small animation that your HP Printer provides to install the ink cartridges or follow the steps given below:
- First, open the ink cartridge access area.
- Then, remove the transparent covering on the pack of cartridges. The setup cartridge pack has four cartridges.
- Next, remove the orange pull tab on the contacts of the black cartridge.
- Now, turn the cartridge around and twist away the orange cap in the counter-clockwise direction to remove it.
- Next, insert the cartridge into the slot that matches its colour.
- Insert the other cartridges into the remaining slots in the same way.
This is the first step while installing the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966
- First, slide out the Paper Tray and extend the Paper Output Tray.
- Then, arrange some plain sheets on a hard surface and insert the stack into the Input Tray.
- Next, close the Input Tray and wait for the printer to detect that the papers have been installed.
- Touch OK to confirm that the papers have been loaded.
- Wait until the printer prints out an alignment sheet.
- Open the scanner lid and place the sheet print side down on the scanner glass.
- Close the lid and tap Scan to scan the alignment page.
- Once the alignment process is complete, the printer displays an Alignment Successful message on the screen.
After setting up the Wireless Setup Wizard, you can download the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966
123.hp.com/setup 6966 – HP Wireless Setup Wizard
Find out how to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 to the Wi-Fi so that the software drivers can be installed from 123.hp.com/setup 6966
- If you are not already taken to the home screen, swipe down.
- Touch the Wireless icon.
- Then, tap the Wireless icon and then the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Your OfficeJet Pro 6966 then scans the surroundings for available networks and then displays a list on the control panel.
- Select the wireless network that you wish to connect to and tap on its name.
- Enter the password for the wireless network using the correct case letters.
- The printer tries to connect to the network.
- Once the printer is successfully connected to the internet, it displays a Connection Successful message on the screen.
You can now download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6966
HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Software Driver Installation
- Switch on your system.
- Then, make sure that it is connected to the same wireless system as your printer.
- Next, open any browser and go to 123.hp.com/setup 6966
- Enter the name of your printer and model number of your printer in the search box.
- Your printer’s name and model number are given on the right side.
- Once you’ve entered the name of the printer and model number, press Search.
- Click Download to download the software drivers on your printer.
- Once the download is complete, you can open the software from the browser download bar.
- Read and agree to HP’s terms and conditions once the HP Easy Start Utility software is opened.
- Then, HP shows a list of software that will be installed on the screen.
- You can also customize the software using the Customize software selection button.
- Next, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6966
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 ePrint service
Have to print a document while you’re not at home? No problem. Simply use HP’s ePrint service to mail your document to the printer so that it can be printed. The best part is that it doesn’t require any additional drivers other than the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966
Follow the steps below to setup Web Services and ePrint on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6966
- In case the dashboard isn’t open, swipe down the tab to open it.
- Then, touch the Setup icon.
- In the next screen, tap Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, let the printer automatically install updates by tapping OK.
- A printer information page is now printed.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the control panel to finish the Web Services.
- Then, open an e-mail application on your computer.
- Next, enter your printer’s e-mail address in the To field.
- Make sure that you’ve left the Cc field empty.
- Then, attach the documents that have to be printed and press Send.
Once your printer is switched on and connected to the internet, it prints out the document.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Scanning Process
Follow the steps below to learn how to scan documents to your computer and e-mail using your HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 all-in-one printer.
- Firstly, go to the Scan section.
- Then, select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable to enable the scanning process.
- Next, open the scanner glass lid and place the document print-side down on the scanner glass lid.
- Now, open the HP Print Software and click Scan a Document or Photo.
- To save the scan as a PDF, select save the document as a PDF file.
- select save the document as a JPEG file to save the scan as JPEG,
Download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966 to scan the documents to your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6966 Faxing Process
In this section, you’ll learn how to send a fax using your HP OfficeJet Pro 6966.
- Open the scanner glass lid on your printer.
- Place the document that has to be faxed print side down on the scanner glass lid and close the scanner glass lid.
- Then, select Fax from the display panel of the printer,
- Next, enter the fax number using the phone book or by using the keypad.
- Finally, choose between Black and Colour by tapping on the respective option.
The fax is then sent to the recipient. In order to make use of the scanning features, you should have downloaded the full feature software from 123.hp.com/setup 6966 or 123.hp.com/ojpro6966