Perfect for home and office use, the HP OfficeJet 8040 boasts of numerous attractive features like high quality printing, faxing and scanning options. You can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj8040. Given below are the Features for OfficeJet 8040.
- 4-colour(CMYK) inkjet printer.
- Print resolution18040x18040dpi (enhanced)
- Scanner resolution
- Fax resolution
- Connectivity– Wi-Fi, USB, Apple AirPrint
- 60-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray
- Weight 76 kg
123 HP Officejet 8040 Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet 8040 Unboxing
This section outlines the contents of the box in which your printer was shipped and tells you where to look for possible packaging and remove them.
- First, fold the flaps of the box and remove the items on top.
- Tilt the box and make sure that printer lies on its bottom side. Using the cover, drag the printer out of the box gently and remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides.
- Next, remove all the tape on the exterior surface of the printer. You can peel away the blue tapes easily without leaving any residue on any of the printer surfaces.
- Open the ink access area cartridge door, remove the cardboard packaging material from the inside the printer and close both the ink access door and the exterior door.
123 HP OfficeJet 8040 Basic Initialization
To perform the basic initialization process, switch on the printer. To switch on the printer, follow the steps given below:
- First, connect one side of the printer power cord to the rear of the printer and the other side into the wall outlet. We recommend that you reduce the usage of power strips in order to avoid power issues to the printer.
- Now,press the power button.
- Then, the printer starts initializing and making some noise during the process. Wait for it to quiet down.
- Next, the printer control panel displays a menu asking you to choose a language. Select the language and then tap Yes to Confirm. Next, follow the same process to set your country & region.
- Then, select and set the date for your printer. Tap Next.
- Now, set the time for your printer and then click Done.
Next, you can proceed to installing the ink cartridges and loading the paper before proceeding to the Wireless Wizard Setup.
123 HP OfficeJet 8040 Installing Ink Cartridges
To install the ink cartridges, first open the exterior door and the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the ink cartridge door to move to the center. Wait until the printer is silent and then continue with the cartridge installation process.
- Remove the wrapper from the tri-colour cartridge that you kept aside and remove the plastic covering using the orange pull tab. Don’t touch the electrical nozzles or the copper colored contacts as this might result in bad electrical connections or clogs.
- Insert the tri-colour cartridge into the left slot at a slightly upward angle. Make sure that it snaps perfectly into place.
- Then, repeat the same procedure for installing the black cartridge.
After you’ve completed the installation process, close the ink area access door and proceed to loading white paper. Follow the steps given below in the next section to find out how to load unused papers.
HP Officejet 8040 Loading Unused Paper
- First, Raise the Input Tray situated at the back of the printer.
- Now, slide the paper width guide towards the left.
- Then, align a stack of unused sheets on a hard surface and slide them down the Input Tray.
- Adjust the paper width guide such that it just touches the edge of the paper.
- Then, pull out the output tray and raise the tray extender.
- Touch OK when you’ve completed the process. The printer now automatically prints a confirmation page.
- Once the confirmation page is printed, it should now be scanned to complete the alignment of the printer.
- Then, place the confirmation page on the lower side of the scanner glass and Tap OK to finish the alignment process.
Next, you can also proceed to download the software from 123.hp.com/oj8040 .
123.hp.com/oj8040 – Software Driver Download
To install the required printer driver, go to 123.hp.com/oj8040 and click the Download button. Once the download has been completed, click on the program in the Downloads tab to open it or select Run and wait until the installer extracts the required files from 123.hp.com/oj8040.
- The HP Easy Start Utility software opens and connects your printer to the network in order to activate and register it. The software also downloads and installs the latest drivers and software from 123.hp.com/oj8040. Click Continue to proceed.
- Go through HP’s terms and conditions and check the button next to Agree to terms and conditions statement. Move on to the next page by clicking Continue. The HP Easy Start Utility then detects the printer.
- If your printer isn’t detected, simply click on the name of your printer.
- Enable HP Auto Wireless Connect so that the printer is connected to the same wireless network as your computer and apply the wireless settings from the computer to your printer.
- Again, go through the terms and conditions and click the checkbox beside agree to the terms and conditions. Now, continue with the installation by clicking Continue.
- Then, Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
- The Instant Ink activation page appears now. Click ‘Yes, Activate’ to accept the three month free trial. Otherwise, Click ‘No Thanks’.
- The printer can be activated and registered at this point by entering the relevant details.
- Specify how you’d like to use the printer and the location of the printer. Click Continue to proceed.
- After this step, HP will automatically check for the latest drivers and software for the printer.
123.hp.com/oj8040 – Software Driver Installation
Users can install the full feature software drivers or just the basic drivers for their printers. The basic version only includes basic functions like printing and scanning. The full feature software from 123.hp.com/oj8040 includes additional functions.
Once you’ve selected the required option, click Continue to download the software and drivers from 123.hp.com/oj8040.
- After the system downloads the file, the program will automatically extract the required files from hp.com/oj8040 and open. Once the program opens, you can also customize your software selection.
- Click the checkbox to agree to HP’s terms and conditions. Then, press Next and agree to move forward with the process.
- The Installer now downloads the required software from hp.com/oj8040 and drivers after which it detects and installs the printer connected to the wireless network.
- Select the mode of usage of the printer and enter the location of the printer again. Click Next to finish the software setup for your computer.
- A Web Services Information sheet is printed automatically when the system completes the software installation process.
- HP will ask if you want to activate the Instant Ink service, once more if it wasn’t done so previously. Similarly, HP will ask to activate and register the printer once more if it wasn’t before.
This completes the Wireless setup of the HP Officejet 8040 from 123.hp.com/oj8040
HP OfficeJet 8040 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard is used to setup your printer on a Wireless Network. Make sure that you have the following things before starting the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Network Name (SSID)
- WPA Passphrase
Once you’ve gathered the required information, check if you’ve switched on both your printer and computer and connected them to the same network.
- If you find that any USB cable is connected to your printer, disconnect it.
- To change your connection settings from Wired to Wireless, follow the steps given below.
- In the HP folder that is in the list of installed programs, double-click the folder of your printer and click the name of your printer.
- Next, Go to the Utilities menu and click Printer Setup & Software Installation.
- Click Convert USB connected Printer to Wireless or connect a new Printer and follow the instructions given on-screen to finish the Setup process.
You can skip reading the rest of the guide if you’ve changed your Network connection from Wired to Wireless.
- On the printer control Panel, touch the Wireless Setup Icon. The Wireless screen will be displayed.
- Tap the Settings icon and then the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions displayed on the control panel to connect your printer to the Wireless Network.
You can also proceed to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj8040 .
HP OfficeJet 8040 Wireless Protected Setup
WPS helps two devices connect over a wireless network connection. You can perform this Setup only if you’ve already downloaded & installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj8040 or 123.hp.com/setup 8040 .
There’s the relatively easier push button method and the pin method to make the Wireless Setup possible and establish a connection between the devices. First, make sure that your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started. Then, click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
HP OfficeJet 8040 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service allows you to print from anywhere around the world and drastically reduces the distance between you and your printer, as there’s an active internet connection. All you have to do is simply send an e-mail to the printer’s e-mail address. Best part? You don’t have to install any software or driver to use it. You can also use your HP Connected account to easily and effectively manage all your ePrint jobs and queues.
HP Officejet 8040 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers also delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents. You don’t have to install any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to use the Cloud Print service.