The 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 is a perfect fit in both size and specs for home offices and small ones (SOHO). It is a multi-functional (printing, faxing and scanning), has a compact and likable design with the Automatic Document Feeder built into the printer as a part of the design.
Though the HP Officejet Pro 8730 is a mid-range printer, it offers an astonishingly crisp text and graphics quality and a reasonably high print speed clocking at 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for color prints. The Paper Tray can hold up to 225 sheets which is a good figure, given the price.
To sum it all up, the 8730 could be a splendid choice for your workplace or personal needs because of the number of Web services that lets you print from various devices, multiple connectivity options and a reasonable printing speed is what you are looking for. The printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 8730 can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730.
123.hp.com/ojpro8730 – Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and keep away the installation CD, the power and fax cords, a one-page quick installation guide, a flyer for the Instant Ink subscription plan and a comprehensive guide related to installing the printer. The Installation CD can also be used to install the software drivers for your printer instead of downloading and installing it from hp.com/ojpro8730.
- Lay the box containing the printer on its bottom side on the table and drag it out using the transparent plastic cover while holding the sides of the box.
- Remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of your printer and pull away the transparent plastic covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away the blue tapes on the printer and carefully remove the transparent covering on the front panel and the printer touch screen.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass lid. Close the scanner lid.
- Similarly, remove all the packing materials and transparent films from the ink access area.
- Slide out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials. Now, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
Now, your printer is ready to be switched on.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Basic Initialization process
Before getting started with the initialization process, the printer must first be powered on. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 has ports for network, telephone, power and USB.
Go to the rear of the printer and plug one end of the power cord into the printer power port and the other end into the wall outlet. Power strips should be avoided to prevent any power issues.
Finally, press the power button on the printer to switch it on. If you’ve already finished the initialization process, you can skip this section and proceed to install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730.
Once the printer is switched on, follow the steps given below to perform a basic initialization process.
- The printer control panel asks you to choose a language. Select a language of your choice and press confirm to finalize your selection. Next, select the location of the printer.
- Now, the control panel asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing with the Setup process. The tour gives you a basic idea on the capabilities and benefits using the OfficeJet Pro 6380. Click the Setup process.
- Similarly set the date and time for your printer by the scrolling through the numbers.
This completes the basic initialization process for your printer. You can proceed to install the ink cartridges for your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Ink cartridge installation
You can either use the video that the printer plays by tapping the video icon or follow the steps to perform the installation of the ink cartridges. Once the installation of the ink cartridges is complete, you can load unused paper and then install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730. Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges.
- Cut open or tear away the plastic covering on the ink cartridges.
- Using the orange pull tab, pull away the transparent film covering on the copper contacts and the plastic on the cartridge.
- Turn the cartridge around. You’ll see an orange cap. Untwist and snap it off the cartridge.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the side. Insert the cartridge into the slot according to its colour. There’s a sign on the cartridge that says which way it should be inserted into the slot. Place the cartridge into the slot accordingly and make sure that it snaps into place.
- Repeat the same steps for the other three cartridges and close the ink cartridge access area once you’re done with it.
The printer then checks if you’ve installed genuine HP ink cartridges and asks you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Loading unused paper
Follow the steps given below to first load a stack of papers into the paper tray.
- To load paper into the printer, slide out the input tray and slide the paper width guides away from each other if you haven’t already done so.
- Load a batch of unused paper into the tray, close the tray and Press Done.
The printer displays a “Getting Printer Ready” message for about 10 minutes while it charges the cartridges. Once this is done, the printer automatically prints a Printer Test page.Once the page is printed out, the printer displays a Calibration successful message. You can either keep this page for later use or recycle it.
Next, the printer asks you what type of connection your printer will use to connect to your system.You can choose between the Wireless and the Wired Ethernet connections. This guide walks you through the Wireless Setup. After you’ve finished with the Wireless Setup you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730
123.hp.com/setup 8730 – Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer get connected to the network so that you can use various Web services like ePrint, Smart Print, etc. Follow the steps given below to perform the Wireless Setup.
- Gather the Network Name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase or the password of your network.
- Make sure that your router is switched on and the system is connected to the same network you’re going to connect your printer to.
- If there is any USB cable connected to the printer, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- From the control panel of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 touch the Wireless icon and then the Wireless menu icon.
- In the Wireless menu, select Wireless settings icon. Now, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches for all available networks in the area and displays their names on the control panel.
- Select the name of the network that you want to connect to and enter the password with the correct case letters to connect to the network.
If you can’t find the name of your network, make sure that your printer is close to the router or enter the name of the printer manually using the correct case letters as network names and passwords are case-sensitive. If you’ve connected your printer to the computer using a wired connection, then you can visit HP’s support website to change your connection to a Wireless one. In the next section, learn how to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Software driver and Installation
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8730.
- Click the Download button and wait for the software to download.
- Once the download has been completed, click on the program from the browser download tab to start HP Easy Start Utility.
- The program opens and starts extracting files for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730
- Read and agree to the Terms and conditions by clicking the appropriate option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation of software drivers.
During the installation process, if your printer isn’t detected automatically, then select the name of your printer manually from the list. When the printer prompts you to choose between a basic feature software download and full feature software, choose the full feature software download if you want your printer to perform more than just the basic functions like printing and scanning. Once you’ve downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 the printer prints a Web services information sheet that can later on be used to get the printer’s e-mail address.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup can connect two wireless devices easily and quickly if they’re both secured with a password and support the WPS feature. You can also use the WPS feature to connect your printer to your router instead of using the Wireless Setup Wizard. You should have already downloaded the drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730 or 123.hp.com/setup 8730.
Your devices can be connected wirelessly in two ways, namely the Push button method and the Pin method. In the Push button method, the WPS button must be pressed on both the router and your HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 printer to connect both your devices. In the Pin method, you have to obtain the 8-digit pin from the router configuration page to connect your printer to the router. The push button method is relatively easier compared to the Pin method and therefore, it is widely preferred.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 ePrint Service
Most HP multi-functional printers come with a secured feature called ePrint that helps you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere around the world with an active internet connection. You can also manage your print jobs effectively using your HP connected account. The ePrint service doesn’t require the installation of any additional software except the one downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8730.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.