Though the HP Officejet Pro 8751 is a mid-range printer, it offers an astonishingly crisp text and graphics quality and a reasonably high print speed clocking at 18 ppm for monochrome prints and 10 ppm for color prints. The Paper Tray can hold up to 225 sheets which is a good figure, given the price.
To sum it all up, the 8751 could be a splendid choice for your workplace or personal needs because of the number of Web services that lets you print from various devices, multiple connectivity options and a reasonable printing speed is what you are looking for. The printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 8751 can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751 and also from 123.hp.com/setup 8751.
123.hp.com/ojpro8751 – Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Unboxing
- First, open the cardboard box and keep away the installation CD, the power and fax cords, installation guide and flyer. There is also a comprehensive guide related to installing the printer.
- You can use the Installation CD to install the software drivers for your printer. Otherwise, you can also download and install it from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751.
- Then, lay the box containing the printer on its bottom side. Now, drag your HP Printer out using the transparent plastic cover while holding the sides of the box.
- Remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of your printer. Next, pull away the transparent plastic covering on the printer.
- Now, peel away the blue tapes on the printer and carefully remove the transparent covering on the front panel and the printer touch screen.
- Then, Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass lid. Close the scanner lid.
- Similarly, remove all the packing materials and transparent films from the ink access area.
- Then, Slide out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials. Next, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Now, you can switch on your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Basic Initialization process
Before getting started with the initialization process, you must turn on the printer. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 has ports for network, telephone, power and USB.
Once you’ve switched on the printer, follow the steps given below to perform a basic initialization process.
- The printer control panel asks you to choose a language. Select a language of your choice and press confirm to finalize your selection. Next, select the location of the printer.
- Now, the control panel asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing with the Setup process. The tour gives you a basic idea on the capabilities and benefits using the OfficeJet Pro 8751. Click the Setup process.
- Similarly set the date and time for your printer by the scrolling through the numbers.
This completes the basic initialization process for your printer. You can proceed to install the ink cartridges for your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Ink cartridge installation
You can use the video that the printer plays. Once the installation of the ink cartridges is complete, you can load unused paper and then install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751. Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges.
- Cut open or tear away the plastic covering on the ink cartridges.
- Using the orange pull tab, pull away the transparent film covering on the copper contacts and the plastic on the cartridge.
- Turn the cartridge around. You’ll see an orange cap. Untwist and snap it off the cartridge.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the side. Insert the cartridge into the slot according to its colour.
- Place the cartridge into the slot accordingly and make sure that it snaps into place.
- Repeat the same steps for the other three cartridges and close the ink cartridge access area once you’re done with it.
The printer then checks if you’ve installed genuine HP ink cartridges and asks you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Loading unused paper
Follow the steps given below to first load a stack of papers into the paper tray.
- To load paper into the printer, slide out the input tray.
- Next, slide the paper width guides away from each other if you haven’t already done so.
- Load a batch of unused paper into the tray, then close it and Press Done.
The printer displays a “Getting Printer Ready” message for about The printer displays “Getting Printer Ready” message for 10 minutes. Once the printer charges the ink cartridge, it prints a Printer Test page. The printer displays a Calibration successful message when it completes the process. You can either keep this page for later use or recycle it.
Next, the printer asks you what type of connection your printer will use to connect to your system. You can choose between the Wireless and the Wired Ethernet connections. This guide walks you through the Wireless Setup. You can now download and install the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751
123.hp.com/setup 8751 – Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer get connected to the network. You can use various Web services. Follow the steps given below to perform the Wireless Setup.
- Gather the Network Name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase or the password of your network.
- First, switch on your router. Then, connect the system to the same network as your printer.
- If there is any USB cable connected to the printer, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- From the control panel of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8751, touch the Wireless icon. Then, tap the Wireless menu icon.
- In the Wireless menu, select Wireless settings icon. Now, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches for all available networks in the area and displays their names on the control panel.
- Select the name of the network that you want to connect to and enter the password with the correct case letters to connect to the network.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Software driver and Installation
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8751.
- Click the Download button and wait for the software to download.
- Once the download is complete, click on the program from the browser download tab to start HP Easy Start Utility.
- The program opens and starts extracting files for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8751
- Click Agree once you’ve read the Terms and conditions to continue with the installation process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation of software drivers.
- Select the name of your printer from the list in case the software doesn’t detect it.
- Now, the printer will prompt you to choose between a basic feature software full feature software.
- Choose the full feature software download if you want your printer to scan and fax documents too.
- Once you’ve installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751 , the printer prints a Web services information sheet. You can use this sheet to get the printer’s e-mail address.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 ePrint Service
Most HP multi-functional printers also come with a secured feature called ePrint that helps you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere around the world with an active internet connection.
You can also manage your print jobs effectively using your HP connected account. The ePrint service doesn’t require the installation of any additional software except the one downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8751.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8751 Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents.
This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.