The 123.hp.com/ojpro9020 is a perfect fit in both size and specs for home offices and small ones (SOHO). It is multi-functional (printing, faxing and scanning), has a compact and likable design with the ADF built into the printer as a part of the design.
The HP Officejet Pro 9020 is a mid-range printer. It offers an astonishingly crisp text and graphics quality and a reasonably high print speed. The Paper Tray can hold up to 225 sheets which is a good figure, given the price.
To sum it all up, the 9020 could be a splendid choice for your workplace or personal needsThe printer driver for your OfficeJet Pro 9020 can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020.
123.hp.com/ojpro9020 – Printer Setup
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and keep away the installation CD, the power and fax cords, a one-page quick installation guide and other items. You can also use The Installation CD to install the software drivers instead of downloading it from hp.com/ojpro9020.
- Then, lay the box containing the printer on its bottom side on the table and drag it out using the transparent plastic cover while holding the sides of the box.
- Now, remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides of your printer and pull away the transparent plastic covering on the printer.
- Next, peel away the blue tapes on the printer and carefully remove the transparent covering on the front panel and the printer touch screen.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass lid. Then, close the scanner lid.
- Similarly, remove all the packing materials and transparent films from the ink access area.
- Slide out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials. Now, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
Now, you can switch on your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Basic Initialization process
Before getting started with the initialization process, you must switch on the printer. The HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 has ports for network, telephone, power and USB.
First, go to the rear of the printer and plug one end of the power cord into the printer power port and the other end into the wall outlet. HP recommends that you avoid using Power strips to prevent any power issues.
Finally, press the power button on the printer to switch it on. If you’ve already finished the initialization process, you can proceed to install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020.
Once you’ve switched on the printer, follow the steps given below to perform a basic initialization process.
- The printer control panel now asks you to choose a language. Select a language of your choice and press confirm to finalize your selection. Next, select the location of the printer.
- Now, the control panel asks you to choose between taking a product tour and continuing with the Setup process. The tour gives you a basic idea on the capabilities and benefits using the OfficeJet Pro 6380. Next, click the Setup process.
- Similarly, set the date and time for your printer by the scrolling through the numbers.
This completes the basic initialization process for your printer. You can proceed to install the ink cartridges for your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Ink cartridge installation
You can either use the video that the printer plays by tapping the video icon or follow the steps to perform the installation of the ink cartridges. Once the installation is complete, you can load unused paper and then install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020. Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges.
- Cut open or tear away the plastic covering on the ink cartridges.
- Then, Using the orange pull tab, pull away the transparent film covering on the copper contacts and the plastic on the cartridge.
- Next, turn the cartridge around. You’ll see an orange cap. Untwist and snap it off the cartridge.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the side. Then, insert the cartridge into the slot according to its colour. There’s also a sign on the cartridge that says which way you must insert into the slot. Next, place the cartridge into the slot accordingly and make sure that it snaps into place.
- Now, repeat the same steps for the other three cartridges and close the ink cartridge access area once you’re done with it.
The printer then checks if you’ve installed genuine HP ink cartridges and asks you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Loading unused paper
Follow the steps given below to first load a stack of papers into the paper tray.
- To load paper into the printer, slide out the input tray.
- Then, slide the paper width guides away from each other if you haven’t already done so.
- Load a batch of unused paper into the tray, close the tray and Press Done.
The printer displays a “Getting Printer Ready” message for about 10 minutes while it charges the cartridges. Once you’ve done this, the printer automatically prints a Printer Test page. Once the printer has printed the page , it displays a Calibration successful message. You can either keep this page for later use or recycle it.
Next, the printer asks you what type of connection your printer will use to connect to your system. You can choose between the Wireless and the Wired Ethernet connections. This guide walks you through the Wireless Setup. After you’ve finished with the Wireless Setup you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020.
123.hp.com/setup 9020 – Wireless Setup Wizard
- Gather the Network Name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase or the password of your network.
- Make sure that you switch on your router. Next, check if you’ve connected your system to the same network you’re going to connect your printer to.
- If there is any USB cable connected to the printer, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- From the control panel, touch the Wireless icon and then the Wireless menu icon.
- In the Wireless menu, select Wireless settings icon. Now, touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches for all available networks in the area and displays their names on the control panel.
- Select the name of the network that you want to connect to. Then, enter the password with the correct case letters to connect to the network.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Software driver and Installation
- Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/ojpro9020.
- Click the Download button and wait for the software to download.
- Once you’ve completed the download , click on the program from the browser download tab. HP Easy Start Utility will now start.
- The program opens and starts extracting files for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9020.
- Read and agree to the Terms and conditions by clicking the appropriate option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation of software drivers.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup can connect two wireless devices easily and quickly if they’re both secured with a password and support the WPS feature. You can also use the WPS feature to connect your printer to your router instead of using the Wireless Setup Wizard. You should have already downloaded the drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020 or 123.hp.com/setup 9020.
Your devices can be connected wirelessly in two ways, namely the Push button method and the Pin method. In the Push button method, the WPS button must be pressed on both the router and your HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 printer to connect both your devices. In the Pin method, you have to obtain the 8-digit pin from the router configuration page to connect your printer to the router. The push button method is relatively easier compared to the Pin method and therefore, it is widely preferred.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 ePrint Service
Most HP multi-functional printers come with a secured feature called ePrint that helps you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere around the world with an active internet connection. You can also manage your print jobs effectively using your HP connected account. The ePrint service doesn’t require the installation of any additional software except the one downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro9020.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 Google Cloud Print
If you’ve connected your printer and device via a wired or wireless network, you can print documents using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete. Therefore, it a secured gateway to print documents. You don’t have to use any additional software or drivers from HP or Google to use this.