HP’s Envy 7855 brings home a wide range of functionalities at a pocket-friendly price and sleek design. To ensure that you enjoy all the features mentioned below, download and install the required software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7855 or from the installation CD that came along with the printer.
- Print borderless photos and scan documents quickly at a stunning resolution.
- Save paper and the planet with automatic two-sided printing and recyclable ink-cartridges.
- Printing made hassle-free with HP’s wireless print setup.
- Print more with optional high-capacity cartridges and save energy the same time, for the Envy 7855 is ENERGY STAR qualified.
123 HP Envy 7855 Specifications
What’s more, you can now print from anywhere with an active Internet connection using HP ePrint and HP All in One Printer remote. Given below are the specifications for Envy 7855.
- ISO speed: 7 Up to 8.8 ppm black, Up to 5.2 ppm color.
- Scan resolution: Up to 1200 x 2400 ppi hardware.
- Scan type: Flatbed
- Copy speed: 8 Up to 6 cpm black, Up to 4 cpm color
- Standard connectivity: 1 Hi Speed; 1 Wi-Fi 802.11n, USB 2.0
- Duty cycle (No. of pages printed per month): 9 Up to 1,000 pages
- Display: 2.0 inch (5 cm) Hi Res Mono LCD
- Border-less printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 216 x 297 mm
123 HP Envy 7855 Setup
HP Envy 7855 Printer Unboxing
This section includes the basic setup process for the Envy 7855. To know how to download and install software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7855, jump to the next section titled Installing Print drivers.
- Pry open the lid of the box and remove the blue tapes, cartridges, and the power cord. You’ll notice that the tri-colour cartridge comes with a card attached to it. This card will help you choose the right cartridges once you’re out of ink.
- Once you’ve set aside the cartridges and the power cord, remove the cardboard cap from the printer.
- Using the handles on the transparent plastic cover, pull the printer out of the cardboard box and remove the Styrofoam caps attached to either side. This cardboard box can be set aside for recycling if you wish to do so.
- Slide the printer out of the transparent plastic covering and pull out the blue tapes on the outside of the printer.
- Now, peel out the transparent films covering the control panel area and remove all the cardboard items and tapes in the scanner, ink cartridge access area and paper tray. Check the interior of the ink cartridge access area and paper tray again for any packaging materials before closing the lid and sliding the tray back in again
- Slide the paper width guides away from each other after removing the excess packaging materials.
Your Envy 7855 is ready to be powered on. To switch on the printer, remove the twist tie from the power cord and connect one end to the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Although power strips may be used, it is recommended that you connect the power cord directly into the wall outlet so that any power issues may be avoided.
- Press the power button and wait for the printer to quiet down if it was making any noises.
- Use the arrow buttons to scroll through the languages and pick a language of your choice.
- Tap Yes to confirm your choice of language.
- Then, scroll through the list of countries/ regions to select the appropriate region.
- Again, tap Yes to confirm your selection.
HP Envy 7855 Insert Ink Catridges
Next you’ll be prompted to insert the ink cartridges. Lift the top cover using the cutouts in the side and wait for the cartridge slots to move into the access area. Then, follow the steps given below to insert the ink cartridges into the slot.
- Remove the tri-color cartridge from its cover and use the orange tab to gently pull off the film covering the electrical contacts and ink nozzles. Take care to not touch the electrical contacts or nozzles, as doing so might result in bad electrical connections and clogs.
- Open the lid of the tri-color cartridge lock lever. The color of the lid should match the color of the cartridge that is to be inserted into the slot. Now, place the cartridge into the slot and make sure that the back edge of the cartridge is under the lock lever.
- Close the lock lever such that it snaps into place and repeat the same procedure with the black cartridge.
When you close the top cover, the printer will detect the cartridges installed and a message will be displayed on the control panel stating the same. Tap OK to continue with the setup. The printer will say that initializing is in progress and ask you to load plain paper. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Pull out the Input Paper Tray and tap a stack of paper on a hard surface in order to align it correctly.
- Load paper into the tray and adjust the width guides such that they touch the edges of the page.
- Push the tray inside and wait for the printer to print out an alignment page. Aligning ensures best print quality and shows the printer where ink must be dropped on the paper.
- Once the alignment page is printed, it must be scanned. Lift the scanner lid and place the alignment page face down on the top-right corner of the scanner glass as shown by the icon on the printer.
- Close the scanner lid and press OK to scan the alignment page. The printer control panel will display an alignment successful page once the scanning process is complete. Tap OK to continue.
Now, a Wireless Setup window will appear. The printer can be setup wireless using the CD that came along with the printer or by downloading the software driver from 123.hp.com/envy7855. Continue reading the guide to get step-by-step instructions on how to install a printer driver from 123.hp.com/envy7855.
123.hp.com/envy7855 All-in-one-Printer series Printer Driver Installation
To install the required printer driver, go to 123.hp.com/envy7855 and click the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, click on it to open it or select Run and wait for the installer to extract the required files.
- Now, the HP Easy Start Utility opens. It connects your printer to the network in order to activate and register it, apart from installing latest drivers and software from 123.hp.com/envy7855. Click Continue to proceed.
- Check the button next to Agree to terms and conditions statement and move on to the next page by clicking Continue. The Easy Start Utility then detects the printer.
- Next, enable HP Auto Wireless Connect so that the printer gets connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
- The installer then connects to the printer and applies wireless settings from the computer to your printer.
- Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
- The installer connects to the printer and applies wireless settings from the computer to the printer. Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
- The Instant Ink activation page appears now. Click ‘Yes, Activate’ to accept the three month free trial. Otherwise, Click ‘No Thanks’.
- The printer can be activated and registered at this point by entering the relevant details.
- Specify how you’d like to use the printer and the location of the printer. Click Continue to proceed.
- After this step, HP will automatically check for the latest drivers and software for the printer.
Users can install the full software and drivers or the Basic drivers for their printers. It is recommended that users install the full software and drivers in order to reap the full functionality of the printer. After selecting the required option, click Continue to download the software and drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7855.
- After the download is complete, the program will automatically extract the required files and open. Once the program opens, you can also customize your software selection.
- Click Next and agree to the Installation Terms and conditions by clicking the checkbox.
- The Installer now downloads the required software and drivers after which it detects and installs the printer connected to the wireless network.
- Choose how the printer will be used and enter the location of the printer again. Click Next to finish the software setup for your computer.
- A Web Services Information sheet is printed automatically by the printer when the software installation is complete.
- HP will ask if the Instant Ink service must be activated once more if it wasn’t done so previously. Similarly, HP will ask to activate and register the printer once more if it wasn’t before.
HP Connected will open automatically once the Setup is complete. This can then be used to activate E-print and other web services. This completes the download and the installation of software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7855
123 HP Envy 7855 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service shrinks the distance between you and your printer by letting you print from anywhere around the world as long as there’s an active internet connection by simply sending an e-mail to the printer’s e-mail address. Best part? It doesn’t require the installation of any software or driver in order to be used and you can easily and effectively manage all your ePrint jobs and queues by using your HP Connected account.
Although the ePrint Setup makes printing easier, text style, formatting and text flow may differ from the original document. ePrint services can be enabled on your HP Envy 7855 printer by enabling Web Services. Click to know more about how to perform an ePrint setup on your HP Envy 7855.
123 HP Envy 7855 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The Wireless Protected Setup can be performed only if the software drivers were already downloaded & installed from 123.hp.com/envy7855 or 123.hp.com/setup 7855. WPS enables two devices to be connected over a wireless connection.
There’s the relatively easier push button method and the pin method to make the Wireless Setup possible and establish a connection between the devices. Make sure that your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started and click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
HP Envy 7855 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.
HP Envy 7855 Air Print Setup
Air Print is a mobile printing solution that lets you print documents from your iOS and OS X devices if ePrint services are enabled.
This setup works on Apple devices like, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and all the latest editions of iPod, iPad or iPhone.